The Municipality of Tweed will not be held liable for injury to any person and will not be responsible for any loss of
property. Registrants compete in this event at their own risk.
- Registrants must be accompanied by an adult.
- MNR Rules & Regulations Must Be Followed.
- All registrants must register the morning of the event; all registrants are required to have a full inspection the morning
of the tournament. Inspections will begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 9:30 a.m. in front of Trudeau Park Resort.
- All registrants are required to check back in whether they are weighing in fish or not. (This is for safety reasons).
- Fishing will begin at 10:00 am. Absolutely no fishing prior. If you need holes drilled please notify the organizers.
Tournament hours are from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Weigh Station opens at 1:00 p.m. All registrants must be at the weigh-in station no later than 2:00 p.m. or their fish will
not weighed. We will be located on the ice and encourage kids to weigh-in throughout the day.
- Tournament boundaries are Cosy Cove only.
- A total of 6 pan fish can be weighed per registrant. The total weight of all 6 pan fish will determine the winner. In case
there is a tie, the prize is split equally between anglers. Pan fish includes black crappie, sun fish, and perch.
- Biggest Fish will be based on length. Only pike and walleye are in season and will be the only fish considered for the
biggest fish. Tournament officials are to be contacted right away (613-403-1644) so measurement and release can
immediately take place.
- Live and artificial bait may be used.
- There is no limit to the number of holes participants can drill. Participants can fish in any hole, but with a maximum of
two lines per person at any one time.
- Participants may fish with or without a portable fish hut. Participants may share a hut. However, you must weigh in
your own fish.
- No trucks/cars are permitted on ice. If you choose to bring an ATV/Snowmobile it is at your own risk.
- Tournament officials have the authority to request anglers move to another area if they feel safety is a concern.
- All motorized equipment and related equipment must be in safe and proper running order.
- Electric sonar and cameras can be used.
- Each registrant must catch and weigh-in their own fish.
- Registrants cannot infringe on other registrants fishing zones.
- Tournament officials have the discrepancy to decline any angler from entering the tournament.
- Absolutely no alcohol or drugs will be consumed or in possession of any registrants during the tournament.
- If safety is a concern for the date of the tournament, the tournament will take place at the Tweed Soccer Field with an
“In The Woods” fish scavenger hunt.
- Tournament officials has the right to amend rules and regulations as they see fit without notice.